film for the bauer s108 sound?

Sean Lyons

hey guys my uncle found this camera in his garage and said I could have it but with one condition. that i found the film for it.

so my question is (obviously) that does anybody still make the film for the camera? it would be awsome if somebody could help me because this camera seems to be in pretty good shape!!

thanks in advance!!!

hey guys my uncle found this camera in his garage and said I could have it but with one condition. that i found the film for it.

so my question is (obviously) that does anybody still make the film for the camera? it would be awsome if somebody could help me because this camera seems to be in pretty good shape!!

thanks in advance!!!

hi sean,

this camera takes super 8 film. Yes, this stuff is still available. Actually your camera is a sound camera and there is no sound film any more, but it also takes normal silent cartridges ... so get some and shoot!

There is an exposure issue with this camera with regards shooting with 64t ektachrome (which is the main colour reversal (ie positive) film available). There is an easy trick to shooting with a bauer however ... have a look at this link from my lab web site:

http://nanolab.com.au/shoot_ektachrome64.htm

You can shoot with tri-x black and white, and also with vision 200t colour negative.

buy directly from kodak or from a photography store.

cheers,

richard

Sean, don't be discouraged about the no sound thing, because there are ways to add sound/music later in your computer anyway. Your camera was designed to film the family around the kitchen table singing "Happy Birthday" to someone, but is that what you want to do? If so, do video instead.

But the thing is, film is EXPENSIVE--REALLY expensive--to buy, to process, and to transfer to digital for computer for viewing and editing. Although your camera looks cool to you, it may not be right for you right now. It can cost you 50 bucks for the film and processing for just 100- feet--for just a few minutes of footage. Not to mention the cost to transfer it to digital.

Sean, don't be discouraged about the no sound thing, because there are ways to add sound/music later in your computer anyway. Your camera was designed to film the family around the kitchen table singing "Happy Birthday" to someone, but is that what you want to do? If so, do video instead.

But the thing is, film is EXPENSIVE--REALLY expensive--to buy, to process, and to transfer to digital for computer for viewing and editing. Although your camera looks cool to you, it may not be right for you right now. It can cost you 50 bucks for the film and processing for just 100- feet--for just a few minutes of footage. Not to mention the cost to transfer it to digital.

so you tell me not to be discouraged about not having sound but then you turn around to try and discourage me about film..?

wtf !? lol

but i do appreciate your advice, i know the down sides but i am a very visional man. i dont plan to shoot "just" film. its just a starting point to get my basics down and then it will be a neat addition to the collection.

but thanks anyway,

Sean

If you don't plan to ONLY shoot film. For which "just" is an acceptable synonym

HAH!

And if you want to dissect my English, here's a hint:

There's no such word as "visional" as you used above.

If you want to be one, you have to know what the word is.

Edited by Ira Ratner

thanks in advance!!!

check out www.cinelab.com, they offer great prices on Super 8 stock, processing and transfer. All for less than fifty bucks as stated before.

chris

Edited by Chris Burke