Measuring focus distance

Nick Norton

• Premium Member
There are exceptions, some video cameras I hear you have to measure from the front of the lens. I've never worked with those cameras myself, and can't name which ones...but someone here knows ;)

Hi,

Most Eng zooom lenses.

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to post another topic since i have already posted so many...

I'm having a real difficulty with figuring out how the different lens mounts are supposed to work on the Eclair ACL.

I have the Eclair CA mount right now, but am i supposed to remove this to find a C mount behind it?

I don't want to damage my camera trying to remove the mount without knowing the proper way to do so.

Any help would be appreciated-

Nicholas

The smaller port on the actual camera (where the mirror is visible) should be a C-mount. You don't have to move the CA mount to see it. If the camera has screws securing the CA to Arri S or B mount, CAREFULLY remove the screws and that should do it

So you can use most 2/3 inch C mount lenses for 16 or 1 inch for S16. There is bevy of C AND CA mount to you-name-it mount adapters: Nikon, Canon EF, Minolta, Leica, PL, Aaton, to name a few.

Some techs, like http://www.lesbosher.co.uk can manufacture pretty much any CA or C mount adapter you can think of, for a price. Or try eBay.

Edited by Saul Rodgar