Getting Anamorphic Flares by using a filter

I have been looking to recreate anamorphic flares and those streak filters look pretty promising, although i have never heard of theme before. I am from UK. Is there any place i can buy them for dv cameras apart from the link that serge has posted? Or am i just not looking hard enough :)

thanks

I have been looking to recreate anamorphic flares and those streak filters look pretty promising, although i have never heard of theme before. I am from UK. Is there any place i can buy them for dv cameras apart from the link that serge has posted? Or am i just not looking hard enough :)

thanks

Serge did not post the link.

The Vantage Blues deliver a true Anamorphic Flare so when you say you are looking for an 'Anamorphic' Flare... in Spherical lenses.. Video or Film... Vantage Blue is your only choice.

Edited by David Rakoczy

Hi Andrew,

The link is for South London Filters http://www.camerafilters.co.uk/

You could also look in hire places such as Panavision, Take 2, Arri etc...

Most of them will do a large array of filters. But to date I have found that the unusual ones that aren't used often are normally available at SLF.

The guy you want to speak to there is Ceri.

Good luck!

Thanks Serge.

Ok, i was wondering, do these streak filters just screw on to a normal camera thread? At the moment, i use a HV30 with 35mm adapter and was thinking, could i screw a streak filter directly onto my hv30 and my 35mm adapter onto the front threads of the filter?

Also i use FD lenses (due to the price), is there some sort of anamorphic lens (or something that produces similar flares, i'm not particularly after the aspect ratio, although its cool) that i could directly attacth to the fd mount? I'm assuming this is impossible. Again, thanks for your help on my rather newbie questions, cheers.

Well what do you mean round? What do you attach a round filter to? And i was talking to the staff at camerafilters.co.uk and she asked me what size my camera threads were which led me to believe you can buy them with threads.... So if i get a matte box, i can buy a streak filter to slot in and that will get the effect, correct?

David et al. What would any of you say the benefit of the 138 round filter is? I had never particularly seen a good reason for 'em, (hence why i often forget the exist), when a 4x4 or a 4x5 seems more universal to matteboxes?

Thats what i was also wondering. Also, is it me or are 4x4 filters extremely expensive?? Could anyone point me to cheap 4x4 filters? I saw an ND grad set for £400!! The price of things are ridiculous...