Can someone please explain DI?

Daniel Moore

Well, I, for one, don't believe it's a hoax, and I have lunar internegatives to prove it.

Anyway, Chris, this picture was taken on special Kodak 70mm B&W film and processed aboard the spacecraft's special Kodak automatic darkroom. The film was then scanned and radioed back to earth from a scanner on-board :-)

Totally off-topic, but does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how they made this photograph in space in 1966?

No problem.

Lunar Orbiter had an automatic processing lab on board. The photographs were taken aerial film. The film was then pressed into contact with a developer-and fixer- impregnated film which yielded a negative in 3.4 minutes.. It was then dried and scanned for transmission to Earth- the density variation is a scanning artifact. Here's a full explanation

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/lunar_or...roduction.shtml

One of Lunar Orbiter's main jobs was to survey potential landing sites for Apollo.

• 2 weeks later...

There are real questions about the authenticity of the moon landings (not the orbiter). For one, the engine of the lander would have created a massive crater, blasted under the lander. No such evidence exists in the photos. Looks rather like an oversight, given how designers of the lander were concerned if the ship would sink down too low upon landing.

There are a number of other issues, including some fascinating footage of astronauts faking a shot inside the space capsule by putting a mask over the porthole and shooting earth with an elliptical shape. That footage is included in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon" available online. Some of their evidence may be questionable. Other evidence is not so easily dismissed.

I'd say the burden of proof is on the government to show that they actually went there, given the billions of dollars that went south.