Need a Cinematographer for Super 16mm Short Film (LA area)

Guest James Skylar

Guest James Skylar

I am a director working on my 3rd short film. I am looking for someone with extensive understanding and experience working with film.

I am wanting to bring this piece to another level visually especially with lighting so looking for someone that can truly be a collaborator. It is a very special dramatic piece and the story is mainly told through the imagery and the journey from darkness into light.

This story itself takes place at night, with a few exterior shots and mostly interior shots.

I am hoping this is something that can be shot over a weekend.

Additionally it will be going to festivals.

There is financial compensation for the right talent. Please email me with links to reel.

I am a director working on my 3rd short film. I am looking for someone with extensive understanding and experience working with film.

I am wanting to bring this piece to another level visually especially with lighting so looking for someone that can truly be a collaborator. It is a very special dramatic piece and the story is mainly told through the imagery and the journey from darkness into light.

This story itself takes place at night, with a few exterior shots and mostly interior shots.

I am hoping this is something that can be shot over a weekend.

Additionally it will be going to festivals.

There is financial compensation for the right talent. Please email me with links to reel.

James, sounds like a good project. Please take a look at my reels on my site... the footage you will see is 35, 16, and HD. I am very experienced with 16mm, and would love to shoot for you. Let me know what you think. thanks.

-andy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonas C Sacks

Same here, www.jonassacks.com ->Take a look at the reel and please reply. If flash doesn't work don't give up, there are QT and WMV downloads as well. Lot's of super 16 experience. (see resume, online as well)

best -Jonas Sacks

Edited by Jonas C Sacks

Hi James,

I wanted to throw my hat in the ring, here's a link to my website where you can see both my reel and my resume:

www.mikewilliamson.net

For some of my recent work that has not yet made it to my reel, please take a look at:

www.fearnet.com/shows/30_days_of_night_dust_to_dust/index.html

I look forwards to hearing about your story, best of luck,

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hello James,

I realize this post is old but do you already have a DP?

My name is Francisco Bulgarelli.

Please view my reel at:

http://prettypictures.com/franciscobulgarelli/

I have years of experience shooting digital and film formats, I can bring the right combination of creativity and technical knowledge to your production.

Recently, I've been shooting a lot with the RED camera, if you go to my demo reel, the short "The Debt" was done with the RED as well as this other short that we recently finished:

I love the process of storytelling and working with the director to bring his/her vision to the screen, I consider myself a perfectionist and always strive to do my best before and during the production.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime,

Regards,

Francisco

• 2 weeks later...