Why was my thread deleted?

Ira Ratner

I posted a thread this morning because I can't seem to able to include a photo in my avatar. I've tried to do it several ways...I asked nicely...yet that thread was deleted?

What the heck is going on here?

I noticed you put this in the General Discussion forum. But what do avatars have to do with cinematography anyhow? Remember, this is a website on issues involving cinematography, and when it comes to avatars, it doesn't make much sense to post in a general discussion area.

That said, I'd recommend putting it on the Off-topic forum. This issue doesn't really have anything to do with cinematography, so it would fit in that area.

I noticed you put this in the General Discussion forum. But what do avatars have to do with cinematography anyhow? Remember, this is a website on issues involving cinematography, and when it comes to avatars, it doesn't make much sense to post in a general discussion area.

That said, I'd recommend putting it on the Off-topic forum. This issue doesn't really have anything to do with cinematography, so it would fit in that area.

Did you put yourself in charge of the General Discussion forum Benson?

To answer your question Ira, one of the moderators must've moved it there.

Did you put yourself in charge of the General Discussion forum Benson?

To answer your question Ira, one of the moderators must've moved it there.

Of course not, but looking at it again, I see why you felt that way. Nobody's perfect.

Yeah, it looks like the moderators put the thread in the off-topic section too.

Edited by Benson Marks