A Question to All

Ok everybody I have this annoyance.

After I get done recording a broad cast for my churches cable show I go to pack up my tripod and wrap up my cord that was just run across the church and back. As of right now I'm just wrapping it into a big neat circle. I've tried to be creative and did a figure eight once. hehe But both tend to be time consuming and sometimes irritating.

So my question to all is, is there a "method/technique" or pattern to wrapping my cords that would make my troubles disappear? Any sort of on-set trick to wrapping a large amount of cord up in a timely and neat fashion.

If there are any neat/impressive patterns that would make me look like a BAMF then plz by all means let thy cometh forth and speak, for we are not worthy. :P

Thanks for reading!

Happy Shooting!

-Sean Lyons

I knew the "over and over" but I like the over and under better.

Thanks

But the cables that run onto my camera are not xlr. It's a few cable (which I don't know the name of) tied together with zip ties. So the over and under method would not work with this size of cable.

They are the cables that we run from the camera, down the hall to our control room, which feeds the video into our monitor system and then we capture it. If that makes since, I'm trying to explain the setup to the best of my knowledge :rolleyes:

Hope that helps,

-Sean lyons

...But the cables that run onto my camera are not xlr. It's a few cable (which I don't know the name of) tied together with zip ties. So the over and under method would not work with this size of cable..

It'll work for your cable, there is no restriction to this method based on the size of the cable... I mean, hey, if it works for 3-phase power and multi-core audio, it'll work for anything. :)

The fact that you have several cables zip-tied together won't affect it.

It'll work for your cable, there is no restriction to this method based on the size of the cable... I mean, hey, if it works for 3-phase power and multi-core audio, it'll work for anything. :)

The fact that you have several cables zip-tied together won't affect it.

That's very true. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

ok well cool. I guess that solves my problem, but I'm still extremely curious to see what some others can bring up. Maybe somebody can blow my mind and make me look at life in a different perspective.

Or maybe i'm just asking for too much. hehe ;)

-Sean Lyons