Sleepy Hollow look

• Premium Member
What film stock was used for Sleepy Hollow?

It was mostly shot on 5293 EXR 200T. The prints used a silver retention process similar to skip bleach, called CCE over at Deluxe.

"willvs" you need to go to My Controls and edit your display name to a real first and last name, as per the forum rules listed when you registered. Thanks.

I did Google but couldn't find a decent technical answer (well ANY kind of technical answer really), how is the CCE Deluxe silver retention process different from the skip bleach process? :huh:

Beach Bypass is done on the negative affecting the whites.. . CCE and ENR are done on the positive affecting the blacks. CCE is Deluxe. ENR is Technicolor.

Check this link:

Soup de Jour

Edited by David Rakoczy

• Premium Member
The filmstock is KODAK 5274. Sorry David, you had it wrong. I got the ASC issue at home. It's from 1999. I can scan the article and post it if anyone wants to read it.

Sorry I misremembered -- so many people preferred EXR 200T to Vision 200T around that time that I recalled more examples of '93 being used than '74.

Sorry I misremembered -- so many people preferred EXR 200T to Vision 200T around that time that I recalled more examples of '93 being used than '74.

No biggie. I'm just glad a true ASC DP actually takes the time to help and answer questions for us not so experienced guys. I really enjoyed your work on Astronaut Farmer, BTW.

Beach Bypass is done on the negative affecting the whites.. . CCE and ENR are done on the positive affecting the blacks. CCE is Deluxe. ENR is Technicolor.

Check this link:

Soup de Jour

AH, just the TV guide version of the answer I was looking for, now I can go back at my leisure and read all the other posted information you guys so graciously provided for me. Thanks Mr. Rakoczy, Mr. Teulon, Mr. McPhee Oh and David, I see what you're saying about the difference between Beach Bypass and Bleach Bypass, I think Beach Bypass actually a freeway exit in El Segundo. :D

Edited by James Steven Beverly

The filmstock is KODAK 5274. Sorry David, you had it wrong. I got the ASC issue at home. It's from 1999. I can scan the article and post it if anyone wants to read it.

You can, but you'd be pretty-blatandly violating copyright law.

Not trying to be a smart-ass though. What you should do is just quote excerpts from it, citing the source.