Canon 1014 xl-s Shutter angel

Gustav Bergstrom

Hi, I've just bought an Canon 1014 XL-S camera that seems to be quite OK, but there's one thing that I don't understand. When I switch between the sun and the window symbol (that change the shutter angle from 150°/220°) I can hear that a motor or something like that starts an makes an adjustment. But: when i look at the exposure dial inte the lens, the aperture don't change. When I adjust film speed or the button for tungsten/daylight, the aperture setting changes as it should. I suppose that a 220 angle would make a difference for maby 2/3 step on the aperture scale. The fading works just fine. Could it be that the button for the shutter angle works (a sound is heard when moving it) but ther's something wrong in the communication between shutter angle adjustment and aperture sdjustment? Is there anybody that hade experinced the same problem or just happends to know what could be wrong (if ther's something wrong).

Many thanks in advance

Gustav

• Premium Member

Hi, i've just operated my shutter angle switch, whilst looking thru the viewfinder on my 814xl-s, yes the iris does change, about a 1/3 of a stop, assume your exp lock dial is set to auto? and you are looking thru the viewfinder whilst operating the switch....

I see. Du you thing I can by a ordinare Canon rubber hood 67 mm, like this one:

Canon rubber hood?

In the instruction manual I find information about a 67 mm rubber hood and then 72 mm filters. I found a filter kit with ND filter.

I think this should work fine. Maybe you can also look at Tiffen and other supplies of wide-angle hoods.

Thank you! Seems to be a very good camere and I really like the zoom. The rubber hood is missing so I must buy a new one so I can use filters (am I right here), cause I plan to shoot the fast Tri-X.

You don't need the rubber hood to put filters. You can attach them directly to the lens (67mm diamteter instead of 72mm with the hood). My 1014 XL-s doesn't have the rubber hood either ;)