Downloading scene files into Varicam

Robert Learner

I'm new to the Varicam, and I'd like to download some setting files to test. The manual doesn't offer much explanation.

I know it uses an SD card, but in what format do the files have to be in? And can anyone recommend some profiles to download?

Thanks all.

Edited by Robert Learner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

There are lots of sites that have Cinealta sites for scene files but none that I can find for the Varicam, any ideas. I starting an MOW shot in Varicam and I?m looking for some scene set up ideas. Camera will come to me with factory settings.

I can?t believe no one has replied to my last question.  There are many sites that show how to set up a Sony 900 to make it perform like specific film stocks.  Are there no sites for the Varicam?

Bob,

When I just read your post I couldn't believe that there were no Varicam settings for download on the internet...so I searched. You're right.

I have 6 different settings that I've created or modified (the Panasonic rep gave us a few when we bought the camera) for our Varicam and I've never thought about searching the web for more. Until now ;)

If you're in a pinch and would like some settings to look at, I can send you a few different looks (including a psuedo Kodachrome). They're just text and if you have a SD card reader/writer, it's a breeze to get them into the camera, just copy and paste. They're far to long to post on this site but maybe I'll start a web-page where we can share settings.

Jeff Tanner

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Just wanted to let everyone know I have been hosting scene files on my website for the Panasonic Varicam. Please stop by and check them out. If anyone has any they would like to contribute I would be more then happy to add them. If you want to contribute send them to joe@visionsoflightinc.com. Please add Varicam scene files in the heading.

Joseph Farris

Director of Photography

Visions of Light, Inc.

Office: 312-829-8244

Pager: 800.808.8244

Mobile: 630.306.8244

Fax: 630.690.7678

www.visionsoflightinc.com

joe@visionsoflightinc.com

• 4 weeks later...