NFTS cinematography applicants (JAn 2010). Any news yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything yet either, but I just called Admissions and a very tired sounding secretary (probably not the first confused call she's picked up) answered that they should be contacting everybody next week (07/06/09-07/10/09) with either an invitation to an interview or a rejection. I'm still anxious of course, but now I at least know when to expect to hear back.

It's comforting to know I wasn't the only one feeling left in the dark, so hope this helps. Good luck to you!

• Premium Member

Well, you can't be a director of photography if your name's Fred Smith, can you?

The more epiglottis-straining the name, the better the photography, or at least that seems to be how the industry views it.

P

I haven't heard anything yet either, but I just called Admissions and a very tired sounding secretary (probably not the first confused call she's picked up) answered that they should be contacting everybody next week (07/06/09-07/10/09) with either an invitation to an interview or a rejection. I'm still anxious of course, but now I at least know when to expect to hear back.

It's comforting to know I wasn't the only one feeling left in the dark, so hope this helps. Good luck to you!

Best of luck.

And let us know when you hear something.

Well, you can't be a director of photography if your name's Fred Smith, can you?

So that's why I didn't get on the cinematography course?

Phil not being a very exciting name.....

well either that or my showreel was a bit rubbish...

..erm

...probably the name then, did you think I've get more work if I changed it to 'Max Power'?

Best of luck.

And let us know when you hear something.

Well I got an e-mail first thing this morning saying "We regret to inform you..." blah blah blah. I'm just glad it was an e-mail and not an actual letter. Oh well, it was a slim chance anyway trying to get into 1 of 8 spots.

Better luck to the rest of you! Let us know what you hear, too!

• 1 year later...

Well I got an e-mail first thing this morning saying "We regret to inform you..." blah blah blah. I'm just glad it was an e-mail and not an actual letter. Oh well, it was a slim chance anyway trying to get into 1 of 8 spots.

Better luck to the rest of you! Let us know what you hear, too!

Your going to try again though right?

I'm planning to eventually get onto this course, I literally don't have any other plans, being stubborn and all, so I have given myself 15 years as of when I leave University, I might even not end up needing to go on the course eventually, but the average age for the course is from 25 -mid thirties, so i'm not giving up until then.

Have you spoke to anybody who is on the course at all?

Tom.