Hello,

In this year I have secondary-school final exam's ( Matura... )

I be plan to go to after-secondary school on direction Phototechnic.

Next will be Film School in Lodz ( Łódź PWSFTViT) Cinematography .

I don't have a camera, only DSLR Sony A300.

This is my some photos:

http://sadowski25.deviantart.com/

I have 19 years old, born 1990 in Poland, Oświęcim and I want to be Cinematographer.

Ps: Sorry for my English ( I using Translator)

Pozdrawiam

Konrad Sadowski

• Premium Member

Welcome Konrad. I'd say the translator is going a good enough job of getting your point across. Welcome to cine.com.

Those are some nice looking stills. If i may suggest a good way to get into good habits; go buy an SLR camera and some Reversal film (such as Elite Chrome 400). It's a good way to learn how film will respond, which will help later on, and shooting on reversal it'll force you to really nail down exposure. From there, perhaps move on to negative films for stills and or get an old 16mm camera and let 'er rip, so to speak.

Best of luck!

Guest Patrick Nuse
I'm shooting only on negatives and DSLR now ( $$$$ ).

I building Darkroom now with Father for silver and alternative processes.

In time I want to buy Canon HV40 Legria Digital Camera.

Don't forget, If you want to practice film, Super8 is a cheap way to do that.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't forget, If you want to practice film, Super8 is a cheap way to do that.

Hello,

In Poland start with S8 or 16mm is very difficult $$$

I want to start with a good miniDV camera like Canon HV40 or something but in this time I don't have money for this :(

Do you have some tips about making documentary ?

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

Now I have some questions about hardware.

What Digital Camera used or new will be good to practice filmmaking? (max. 1.000$ = ~3.000PLN )

I don't have money to practice with 8/16mm, and I need camera not only for filmmaking ;)

Konrad Sadowski

Edited by Konrad Sadowski

Hello again,

Now I have some questions about hardware.

What Digital Camera used or new will be good to practice filmmaking? (max. 1.000$ = ~3.000PLN )

I don't have money to practice with 8/16mm, and I need camera not only for filmmaking ;)

Konrad Sadowski

The Canon XL2 is a solid camera. It does not shoot High Definition, but was great when it was released you should be able to find one for roughly a thousand dollars at this point. But I would agree, as soon as you can afford to, start shooting film it's really worth the money. Im broke because of it. LOL. But seriously its worth it.

If you want to shoot a documentary make sure you can operate hand held, and have a tripod. If you have an idea already figure out what you want to convey to your audience and see what you need to shoot to get there. If you don't have an idea then start shooting something your interested in and hopefully you find a story you want to keep shooting. I know this person who met a skydiver who was also a farmer. He found the relationship between the sky and the ground interesting he started shooting and let this farmer/skydiver lead him to a story. Sometimes it just happens that way. And find people to talk to about the project, people who can give you feedback and tell you what in the story is working and what is not working.

Best of Luck

Nick

• 3 months later...

An alternative to the HV40 might be the new Canon 550D which shoots "HD" similar to the 7D and is probably about the same price as the HV40.

(Maybe it could also replace your Sony A300?)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

The Canon XM2 (used) will be good for start with short films and ducumentary ?

It is ok, I have used the XM 2 here in the states for a short (its a PAL camera). It has a cine mode and it doesnt look that bad. Definitely better than nothing..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

What book will be good for study theory of cinematography?

This two only I can buy...

Cinematography: Theory and Practice: Image Making for Cinematographers, Directors, and Videographers - Blain Brown

And

Cinematography - Kris Malkiewicz; M. David Mullen; Jim Fletcher

I can buy only One for now...

What is better choice?

• 1 month later...