need depth of field chart

debal banerjee

• Premium Member

I did an even more general one as an Excel spreadsheet. Dave Auner has been kind enough to make it available on his web site.

Edit: I tried to find it, IIRC it's some special thing you have to type in when you go to the site. The search here didn't turn up the previous thread where we set this up, so you might go to:

www.auner.net

and ask Dave via the contacts how to get to the spreadsheet.

The advantage of this spreadsheet is that you can decide on your own circle of confusion, based on shooting tests. DOF is one of those how-good-is-good-enough questions that should be yours to decide as a DP.

-- J.S.

• Premium Member
please give me the DOF chart for 16mm and 35mm

please its urgent

debalcam@gmail.com

We did. Read the posts. <_<

I gave you a site where you can make any depth of field chart you want. John pointed you to a simpler chart that you can download right now.

i need to have a hard copy thats why i need word file/ pdf/ scanned from any book

Then just use the link provided by Chris Keth and print out the resulting chart. Or download David Auner's spreadsheet and print it out.

--

Jim

• Premium Member
i need to have a hard copy thats why i need word file/ pdf/ scanned from any book

Yeah, it's called a freaking printer. :angry:

Has anybody explained to you that it's generally not good to need the same thing explained twice? It shows that you're just not putting forth any effort into listening.

• Premium Member
Thanks, Dave. I've bookmarked it now, so I'll be able to find it in the future..... (Provided that I remember that I bookmarked it.... ;-) )

Hi John,

feel free to ask me any time if you did ;)

Jim, John made that chart I only host it on my site!

Cheers, Dave

You have Word but not Excel?

Simply open the Excel spreadsheet, enter the focal lengths you need (by replacing any of the 50's with something else), and print it out. You can print it out as a PDF as well so you have a firm version that you can print out at anytime.

Yeah, it's called a freaking printer. :angry:

Has anybody explained to you that it's generally not good to need the same thing explained twice? It shows that you're just not putting forth any effort into listening.

Chris: I think, you can chalk up some of Debal's repeat requesting of information to his probably speaking English as a second language.

When it is a case of someone who DOES speak English natively, however, I will be the first to back you up. :D I've seen many total acts of laziness here, just don't think it is the case in this particular instance.