Worst. Films. Ever

Keith Walters

• Premium Member
Starting with #1 to #10

I've never even heard of most of the films on this list.

I've always been a bit dubious about Rotten Tomatoes ratings anyway, since the seem to get all too many "rotten" icons next to reasonably positive reviews, and vice versa.

I saw that list a few days ago. Most seem to be low budget horror movies or stupid teen comedies.

I've heard an expression, "No one ever went broke underestimating the tastes of the American public." Do you think it applies?

Transformers 2 made like a billion dollars this summer, and it had robots that were basically minstrel show characters, so yes I do.

Edited by Scott Fritzshall

• Premium Member
I've heard an expression, "No one ever went broke underestimating the tastes of the American public." Do you think it applies?

But that is in essence, the neverending delight of Reality TV.

Just when you think it couldn't possibly get any worse, it does....

• Premium Member
Transformers 2 made like a billion dollars this summer, and it had robots that were basically minstrel show characters, so yes I do.

I've talked to a couple non-film-folk (as I call them) recently, which doesn't happen often and one girl I talked to really surprised me. She’s really nice, works hard at her job and very intelligent…. sharp. When we got to talking about seeing movies, she told me she can’t sit through anything without action. Like nothing. I asked her what sort of action movies she’ll watch. She said pretty much anything that has it non-stop, but nothing else. Like, for instance, “Transformers” or “The Fast and the Furious”. And, she even sounded as if those were a bit of a chore. I couldn’t believe these were the only kinds of movies she would sit through, but she said anything else, and she’ll fall asleep. I asked her if there’s nothing she’s seen besides action movies where she didn’t fall asleep…

Nothing. Drama comes in and she goes right to sleep until the movie is over. Every question I asked she almost cut me off with, “I’ll fall asleep.”

It's a freak'n tough crowd out there in the real world if you aren't making "Transformers" or "The Fast and the Furious".

• Premium Member
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. She needs to see someone and fix her what ever problem she has.

That's what was so strange. She didn't seem like that at all when I talked to her.

Of course this is pretty extreme, but I need a reason "G.I. Joe" makes a hundred and forty eight million dollars and "The Hurt Locker" makes twelve. I really liked "The Hurt Locker".

I hear you. It's all about marketing. Marketing the sensible and enjoyable films. Also, actors taking 20 million of the budget is very painful for us to just do nothing.

When would you think hollywood went bad. The 80's or 90's and who is mostly to blame?

• Premium Member

Well, the bigger question may be this; when did pre-teens start dictating every move Hollywood makes?

The aforementioned girl aside, if “The Hurt Locker” was marketed exactly the same way as “G.I. Joe” and released on the same amount of screens, would audiences really be so disappointed? Teenagers and all? Would they walk out saying, “wow, Hollywood’s actually starting to produce some good stuff” or, “well, it was okay, but it should have been stupider over-all”?