Lighting Basketball Players

I will be taping two guys playing one on one on an indoor half court. The industrial high energy lights way up on the ceiling beam straight down, so there is not much light on their sides. How can I beam some fill light to brighten things up? Are there any inexpensive lights that would fill this purpose?

The camera will be about 10-15 feet away from them.

I will be taping two guys playing one on one on an indoor half court. The industrial high energy lights way up on the ceiling beam straight down, so there is not much light on their sides. How can I beam some fill light to brighten things up? Are there any inexpensive lights that would fill this purpose?

The camera will be about 10-15 feet away from them.

What color are the court lights?

What are you shooting on?

What is this for? Are you going for a certain look?

What kind of lighting exists? Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide? The maintenance person/custodian should be able to tell you. In either case, don't expect good color rendition. If you want to light it more evenly, consider using a series of 24" paper lanterns with photofloods inside them, suspended above the court. You can augment this base level with some Kino(s) or Mole 2k softlights from the sidelines for fill. Keep the existing HID(s) off.