Payment in the UK

hi there,

i am about to work on 3d feature film with a british company in the uk as focus puller.

my question is :

whats the weekly/daily rate for a focus puller on a feature film in the uk and for how many hours per week/day is it ?

any answers are highly appreciated !

thanks in advanve

Normal working day is usually 10 or 11 hours on camera. BECTU rate for a 10hr day is £267. Be aware that very few production companies pay any attention to the Union rates. Features generally pay better than TV, so you may get a good deal. It's also increasingly likely that you'll be working a 6 day week, so factor that in if they quote a weekly rate. Penalty payments for missed meal breaks and time off the clock are getting rarer and rarer. Even overtime is something of a dirty word. Film production in this country has never been so badly paid, and sadly it is the publicly funded BBC that is the worst offender, which drives down the rates for everyone else.

Mark Thompson's philosophy of paying the best rates to get the best people apparently only applies to upper level executives.

Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...
Normal working day is usually 10 or 11 hours on camera. BECTU rate for a 10hr day is £267. Be aware that very few production companies pay any attention to the Union rates. Features generally pay better than TV, so you may get a good deal. It's also increasingly likely that you'll be working a 6 day week, so factor that in if they quote a weekly rate. Penalty payments for missed meal breaks and time off the clock are getting rarer and rarer. Even overtime is something of a dirty word. Film production in this country has never been so badly paid, and sadly it is the publicly funded BBC that is the worst offender, which drives down the rates for everyone else.

Mark Thompson's philosophy of paying the best rates to get the best people apparently only applies to upper level executives.

Good Luck.

hi,

thanks for the reply - as i am working on an big budget blockbuster i recon i can charge a little bit more, can't i ?

thanks for an answer

hi,

thanks for the reply - as i am working on an big budget blockbuster i recon i can charge a little bit more, can't i ?

thanks for an answer

If you actually get it may depend on how hard nosed the line producer or production manager is at driving a deal. Even some high budget films are trying to punch above their budget weight.