Wanted: Arri 16S motor (any)

Frederik Floor

Hi, folks!

I'm a student in film-making, and I haven't come across this page until now. What a great resource!

Anyway. I'm concidering buying an Arri 16S, however, the one I'm looking at does not include a motor. I don't need a great Tobin motor or anything, but I'm just wondering if there are any motors for sale. Preferably under $300, but I'd like to hear about anything for sale!

Cheers!

Frederik

Hi, folks!

I'm a student in film-making, and I haven't come across this page until now. What a great resource!

Anyway. I'm concidering buying an Arri 16S, however, the one I'm looking at does not include a motor. I don't need a great Tobin motor or anything, but I'm just wondering if there are any motors for sale. Preferably under $300, but I'd like to hear about anything for sale!

Cheers!

Frederik

Hi Frederik

I sent you a personal message.

• Premium Member
[bOUGHT]

Thanks for all your quick replies!

I'm looking forward to getting my Arri 16S in 8 to 10 buisness days, so I got what I wanted!

You can find lots of Arri 16S info, and PDF instruction manuals, at the web site below:

http://www.lilfolksproductions.com/Arri16S.htm

Best of luck with your new camera.

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my camera yesterday, and I'm loving it!

One question though. There were two motors with it, but I'm unsure of what power these run at. Can anyone see what voltage these motors require?

I'm thinking about buying a battery, either 8 or 12 volts, depending on the motors, and fixing the end so it fits the camera. Is there anything I need to think about when doing this?

Constant speed (24fps), crystal?

post-45103-1267088824.jpg

Variable speed (0-40fps I think)

post-45103-1267088678.jpg

Thanks!

• Premium Member
I just got my camera yesterday, and I'm loving it!

One question though. There were two motors with it, but I'm unsure of what power these run at. Can anyone see what voltage these motors require?

I'm thinking about buying a battery, either 8 or 12 volts, depending on the motors, and fixing the end so it fits the camera. Is there anything I need to think about when doing this?

Constant speed (24fps), crystal?

post-45103-1267088824.jpg

Variable speed (0-40fps I think)

post-45103-1267088678.jpg

Thanks!

The constant speed motor needs an 8 volt battery, a 12 volt battery will burn it up. The variable speed motor can run on an 8 volt battery or 12 volt battery, though the thinking is that a 12 volt battery will eventually shorten the life of the motor, as it was designed to run on 8 volts.

Best,

-Tim