'Bachelor Father'

The obits for John Forsyte dislodged a memory from deep down in the pit of my mind.

When I was a kid, an issue of the 'TV Graphic' section in the Sunday paper had a brief article about filming 'Bachelor Father'.

It seems that Maureen Corchran, or something similar, who played Forsyte's niece had such a heavily freckled face, she was lit with a red key to wash out the freckles.

Seemed clever to me.

• Premium Member
The obits for John Forsyte dislodged a memory from deep down in the pit of my mind.

When I was a kid, an issue of the 'TV Graphic' section in the Sunday paper had a brief article about filming 'Bachelor Father'.

It seems that Maureen Corchran, or something similar, who played Forsyte's niece had such a heavily freckled face, she was lit with a red key to wash out the freckles.

Seemed clever to me.

Like the Fredrick March "Dr. Jeckel" where his make-up was in blue and red colors so that by cross fading two colored lights the change in make-up would appear magically.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Nice one Leo! Thanks for that tidbit. And of course thanks to your too, David! I just love old school in camera tricks... Have you guys seen the doco on Clouzot's L'enfer?

Regards, Dave