newbi

brittany Jewel

Hello, I am not sure if I am aloud to post a topic like this but I am new and just learning and was wondering if anyone has any tips or anything for gripping. Right now I am taking this studio school thing in Michigan for 2 months. I have learned some basics but have not worked on a real movie set yet. So if you got anything or something please comment back. I am 20 and have some years still left for learning just need to know how to start. thanks!

Hello, I am not sure if I am aloud to post a topic like this but I am new and just learning and was wondering if anyone has any tips or anything for gripping. Right now I am taking this studio school thing in Michigan for 2 months. I have learned some basics but have not worked on a real movie set yet. So if you got anything or something please comment back. I am 20 and have some years still left for learning just need to know how to start. thanks!

Darryl Humber has a great 'intro to gripping' post on his blog dollygrippery. http://www.dollygrippery.com/2010/01/repost-of-old-favorite-gripping-basics.html

Shoot back questions if there's anything on there that you don't understand or haven't heard of before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

My best advice, remember the right hand rule.. Rig things with the C-Stand knuckle facing your right hand (wen standing behind it) so as gravity pulls the load down it tightens the knuckle. Also, get a good few pairs of gloves and some good shoes.

• 3 months later...