Hand held rigs suggestions

Devindra Sooknanan

• Premium Member

I hear Zacuto makes a wealth of products for the DSLRs, but not using DSLRs myself I can't comment on those specific ones. I will say anything I've used from Zacuto (such as DoF Adapter set ups) has been pretty well thought out and a lot better than much i've seen from competitors.

• 3 weeks later...

I hear Zacuto makes a wealth of products for the DSLRs, but not using DSLRs myself I can't comment on those specific ones. I will say anything I've used from Zacuto (such as DoF Adapter set ups) has been pretty well thought out and a lot better than much i've seen from competitors.

Right on I'll look into that. I'm used to doing the whole run and gun thing for most of the stuff i've shot and hand held with the dslr's really doesn't work that well without some added weight.

The zacuto is nice, but I found it uncomfortable on my shoulder and returned the rig. It's also a little pricey I thought. Check out the varizoom rigs. It's quite a bit more affordable and some models have a cool spring loaded rod that slips into a belt assembly that I find really helps me stay steady on longer shots. It takes all the weight off of your handgrips, it's nice.

The zacuto z finder is by far the best focus lupe I have found. The mounting ring is flimsy though, but it works very well