Nylon Tool belts

Dominik Muench

Oddly enough I am looking into the exact same thing. It really sucks when your pants fall down while on set because you're loaded down with lens caps, canned air, eyepiece chamois, mag lite, leatherman, phone, etc.! What about filmtools.com? Or maybe if you found some kind of generic type of tool belt and then modified it to fit your needs?

• Premium Member

Filmtools.com sells them, studiodepot.com has them, the Panastore has them, Frys electronics has some.

Some people like one or two larger pouches, while others like several smaller ones. Comes down to preference.

But, if you do look like Natalie Portman, then discard the above because your pants falling down may not necessarily hurt your career ;)

Kevin Zanit

You can always go to the Local Army Depot and buy a utility belt

The same kind use by the USMC it's good and cheap.

But the downside

You won't look as cool as the AC with the Cinebags or Lindcraft pro-AC belt

I personally feel

You really don't need to spend 30-50 bucks on a tool belt if you get one for cheap

Function before beauty

You can also check out Home Depot their tool section is pretty good too

Right now FilmTools is having a Feb. sale alotta good AC stuff check it out

• Premium Member

Lightware makes a really great belt system, called the Grip Strip. I have a couple belts and a whole slew of pouches that I use on and off the belt.

Lowe also has a good system too. They are interchangeable somewhat with Lightware. I have a few of the Lowe pouches that I use on my Lightware belt.

Lightware

http://www.lightwareinc.com/site/index.cfm..._Name=GripStrip

I am ordering one as well but I have a tiny waist so it will probably look ridiculous. So if I ever end up on your set, please don't laugh at me. After all, I apparently look like Natalie Portman and I can almost fit a Cine 60 battery belt around my waist twice. :P

Edited by SpikeyAnnie