NIZO 6080

Guest STIJN

Hi y'all! I just purchased a Nizo 6080 Super 8 camera and I'm on the market for a wide lens adapter, an anamorphic lens adapter and a matte box. Can anybody ask around or inform me about generic or brand name items that are compatible with this camera (Doesn't have to be Nizo brand). If anybody can give me any orientation I'll sing in your wedding!!!!

PS: Where can I purchase a simple electric socket adaptor (European to american) ? My camera came from Germany.

Kindest regards,

Constantijn "Stijn" FERRER

nofrills_lowcost@hotmail.com

2524 Strawberry Lane, Randleman, NC 27317

(336) 267-3692

I would highly suggest getting the Nizo UWIII (made by Schneider). (DO NOT get teh UWII, it's gotta be the "3")

Not only is this a great piece of glass, but it's made for that camera.

Some wide angle adapters don't work right with some cameras.

You'll get vinyetting, which you don't want.

The UWIII is pretty expensive, but it's worth it.

I have one, and it's sharp.

I use it for Super 8, and 16mm footage, and it works really well

Matt Pacini

Guest Ian Marks

Matt, what lens are you attaching the WA adapter to for 16mm photography? Are you getting S16 coverage? What is the difference between the II and the III ... is it size or magnification (or rather, reduction in magnification)?

• Premium Member
I would highly suggest getting the Nizo UWIII (made by Schneider). (DO NOT get teh UWII, it's gotta be the "3")

Not only is this a great piece of glass, but it's made for that camera.

Matt Pacini

It's actually made of plastic, but I think it does a nice job as well. I think I scratched mine when I was wiping the 3 o'clock in the morning morning dew off of it.

The Nizo wide angle adapters are the best for this camera and easy to use. In terms of anamorphic; people have been doing all sorts of mods. Some have the gate widened, as I did. My camera shoots approximately 1.66, maybe a bit wider. Others have attached an adapter and had great success with it. Search these boards. Not too long ago a guy had a post with links to photos and all about how he did his with a Panasonic DVX100 16:9 adapter. He posted some stills as well. I have thought of adding this to my camera for a scope look. Anyone shot scope on Super 8? Not for super 8 projection, but transfer to digital.

I used the Nizo UW III with my Canon Scoopic.

It's a 12.5-75mm zoom, not Super 16.

Not sure if it would cover S16.

I think the UWII is smaller.

Going anamorphic is a huge pain the butt that does not always work.

It didn't for me. Just a hint: I don't think it works unless your camera's lens is a smaller focual length.

The larger zooms on the nicer S8 cameras mean you're looking at the inside of the anamorphic adapter, with extreme amounts of vinyetting.

Matt Pacini

The larger zooms on the nicer S8 cameras mean you're looking at the inside of the anamorphic adapter, with extreme amounts of vinyetting.

I have to make an exception here with the Angenieux f1.2, 6-90 or the 6-80mm lens mated to an Iscorama 54 anamorphic lens. It can go all the way down to 9mm without vignetting!