Creating oldschool Kung Fu look on HD

Hi all!

My freind want's me to shoot a shoort commercial of chinese games. We have two guys Kungu Fu masters and they will be fighting against each other. Common fighting scene. Director want's it to look like old school movie. We probably shooting HD - EX3 or 7D and we are thinkig how to do that effect? Does anyone have any idea what should I do in Post to create look like in film enter the dragon:)??

• Premium Member

Hi all!

My freind want's me to shoot a shoort commercial of chinese games. We have two guys Kungu Fu masters and they will be fighting against each other. Common fighting scene. Director want's it to look like old school movie.

Stick some Vison 3 in a Filmo? ;)

• Premium Member
Snap zooms are the signature shots of fights in kung-fu movies.

I guess that is the stereotype for kung fu movies but most that I have ever seen, and certainly many of the classics that people still watch are much simpler in the visual approach. I think of kung fu movies being fairly wide shots-cowboys at the tightest for fights- and lots of hard light.

Classic films like

are my reference. Notice how little camera movement there is and that it could have easily been shot on one moderately wide lens and one moderately long lens; it's a very cheap approach.