35mm camera for my OCT-19 Mount anamorphics

daniel silwerfeldt

Hi

I am looking for a 35mm camera so I can use my Lomo Anamorphics in OCT-19 mount.

Are there any with higher speed rates like 72 or 96 FPS?

Another plus would be if its kinda small almost "Handheld" I know it can´t be small like an 8mm or so but smaller than the big cameras...

I am a Analouge film "virgin" so I need some pointers and help. Today I am using my custom built Canon 5D MKII together with my anamorphics but I am really looking forward shooting 35mm...

Cheers and thanks in advance

You can find of original russian cine camera with OST-19-144 lens mount.

If the high speeds 72..96 fps important for you, you need find of high speed cameras.

This can be 2KSK, maximum speed 150 fps, OST-19 lens mount.

But, this is do not "handheld" camera, this is studio camera.

2KSK have high precision transport mechanism and will ask of BH upgrade of pins of claw mechanism.

Next idea 1KSK, high speed camera, but, this is do not reflex.

"Handheld" high speed 1SKL do not have OST-19 mount, to have special lens mount.

If the "Handheld" more important for you from high speed, and you can limit of speeds up to 50fps, this can be popular Konvas-2M.

Reflex, crystal sync speed, OST-19 lens mount, 200/400 ft magazines, real "Handheld".

I think, this can be best choose from quality and price value.

Kinor-35S, Kinro-35H have OST-19 lens mount.

And one form last Kinor-35 design - cine camera Kinor-35R, "handheld", OST-19.

Other idea, to find Mitchell cameras with BNCR mount and upgrade to OST-19 mount, but, will need upgrade motor control too.

At final, I wish underline again, I think, Konvas-2M can be best choose for you after Canon-5D.

About technical questions can ask me.

If you not shooting studio sound you simply cannot get a better camera than the Arri 2C. These days quite cheap and the most reliable MOS camera ever made. We add OCT19 mounts to these and have a couple available with anamorphic gates AND anamorphic desqueezing viewfinder optics...

If you want higher speeds than 50 you can go to an Arri 3

If you are shooting sound then your hope of a 'handheld' camera diminishes and Arri BL comes to the fore.

All convert to OCT 19 mounts and are the best workhorse cameras in the world.

Bruce