FS: ARRI Arriflex 2C 35mm Motion Picture Film Camera

Joe Taylor

ARRI Arriflex 2C 35mm Motion Picture Film Camera

**LATER IN THE WEEK I WILL LIST A SET OF ZEISS PRIME STANDARDS**

Ebay Auction Link

Up for Auction is a complete Arriflex 2C Camera Package that is in EXCELLENT STRUCTURAL CONDITION and in PERFECT OPERATING CONDITION throughout.

I purchased this camera package in the spring of 2001 from the original owner who bought this camera new in 1979 and used it to make travelogue films in Alaska.

I have shot EXACTLY and ONLY 7400’ of NEW Kodak negative film stock in this camera since its purchase less than 10 years ago. This camera has not worked since 2005 and has just recently been serviced in preparation of this auction.

As used by me, this Arriflex worked exclusively as my “A” Unit Camera on my award winning documentary film, Dead Lonesome, a labor-of-love project about ghost towns and the mystique of the western landscape. You can experience Dead Lonesome, photographed 100% with this camera, online here:

The package also includes a Tobin Crystal Variable Speed Motor that I personally purchased NEW directly from Tobin Cinema System just after I took delivery of this Arriflex Camera Package. www.tobincinemasystems.com This Tobin motor is in absolutely EXCELLENT condition and like the rest of this camera package, is in PERFECT operating condition.

Contents of this Auction Include:

Arriflex 2C Camera Body – Standard 4 Perf Academy Aperture

(2) Two 400’ Arriflex Camera Magazine

(1) One 200’ Arriflex Camera Magazine

(1) One A&J Fiberglass 3-Teir Magazine Case www.ajcases.com

(1) One Aerolyte Custom Made Aluminum Camera Case

Tobin TXM-18 Variable Speed Crystal Motor with 24fps Sync Speed

Original Arriflex Variable Speed Motor

Original Arriflex 2C Hi Hat

Original Handheld Matte Box

Original Studio Matte Box

ACAD/TV/1.85 Ground Glass

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to phone me personally at (515) 238-0617 or if you prefer to contact me by email, my address is Sales@Handcranked.com

Edited by Joe Taylor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe. I just took a look at that wonderful bit of time lapse filming. That is fantastic mate! I wanted to do some timelaps of a dead animal decomposing. Something like a Rat or Crow. Might give it a go soon. Anyway nice work with the Arri.

Hello Paul. Thanks for good words! Something like the decomposing of a dead animal should be done in a controlled environment with consistent lighting, I would think. It would also take time, maybe weeks. IF you can find such a place that wouldn't mind a little bit of stink, I'd say go for it.

Good lUck.