Free 35mm Film Stock For Your Short

All right film students I'm sick and tired of your bitching and moaning about how you can't afford to shoot 35mm because you can't afford the stock. :D

So here's what I'll do, I'll give you enough raw 35mm to make a nice little short film for FREE!

Here's what you'll get:

Fuji Eterna 8522 1 X 400' roll

Fuji Eterna 8573 400' X 4 rolls.

Kodak 5245 400' X 2 rolls.

That's enough to make a nice little film on 35mm.

Now I'm not paying for any shipping, so the first person who is a real student in a real film program with a UPS or FEDEX account number. Will get the film. I will ship via UPS ground or FedEx ground and the shipping won't be too bad.

Alternatively I can enter a credit card number onto a fedex shipping waybill if you prefer. So PM me if you're interested and you really plan to use the film. If you're a first year student this isn't the deal for you. The film is best to go to a senior student that wants to work with 35mm and has access to the gear and processing via your school. This film has been in storage for a year, I'm sure it's fine. If you are nervous just have the lab test it for you.

Ok who wants it?

R,

I'll take it if no one else does ;) how much is a case of beer up in "that country somewhere north of Philadelphia?" these days. I got the paypal account all ready ready!

I'll give the students a bit more of a chance. If they don't want it, I'll ship it down to you.

R,

Well the ounce is smaller but their dollar is worth more again!

I will audit a film course at a local community college and withdraw at the 90% refund mark if no one here is smart enough to finagle the use of a 35mm camera from a buddy, lights crew.

EDIT: Oh, anc a definitely WON'T make art with it. I've never DPed 35mm before, so I'll make some fluff that is commercial and viable and will make money almost guaranteed in a certain market, and use to springboard my career into high gear so I can shoot MORE 35mm film. Adrian :P---- all over this, aren't you? I've got almos tthat much just for scratch & testing, albeit in ends.

Edited by K Borowski

I have a winner! It's shipping out to a nice student at Temple University.

Hey this is fun, I wonder what else I can give away on this forum?

R,

• Premium Member

I have a winner! It's shipping out to a nice student at Temple University.

Hey this is fun, I wonder what else I can give away on this forum?

R,

Hmm, is this a small world? I think it is. I just got an inquiry about a 2 perf camera rental from a student at Temple U-- I wonder if he's your student recipient. At any rate, he's a smart enough student to shoot 35mm and cut his stock use in half! Unfortunately I can't donate a camera package.

I'm a student at Temple, and every once in a while have access to short ends or good deals on some 35. I also have access to several camera packages, so the problem always ends up being post costs. I shot a roll of 5219 last semester in class, but in the end the director decided it wasn't worth her money to get it transferred. I'd be willing to foot the bill myself within reason...any advice on transfers within a student budget?

• Premium Member

Kate, talk to Cinelicious, and also Shooters/Dive. Cine did the stuff for Good Day Harvey Schnitzel and cut in for a good deal. Try not to do NFL unless you're getting supervised. Try to get ProRe444 flat scan as you can later on do color correction off of it in a proper suite. Fotokem is also damned good. The '19 is processed already, yes?

Kate, talk to Cinelicious, and also Shooters/Dive. Cine did the stuff for Good Day Harvey Schnitzel and cut in for a good deal. Try not to do NFL unless you're getting supervised. Try to get ProRe444 flat scan as you can later on do color correction off of it in a proper suite. Fotokem is also damned good. The '19 is processed already, yes?

Yes it is processed. Thanks Adrian, Ill look into Cine.