Duclas lens stock stolen

Whoever took these either knew exactly what they were stealing or had absolutely no clue whatsoever. If the the thief knew what they were looking for then the only market is Europe or Asia. Russia would be a good spot to unload these. If the thief was clueless then they are worth nothing. They have no use in the photography market since they are PL mount and there is little chance that the thief could find a buyer here in the US. What a blow to Duclos and the buyers who had ordered these. Sorry to hear this. I would get a warning out to customs in case someone tries to ship these abroad. You could also try to smuggle these out in a suitcase.

• Premium Member

.. the only market is Europe or Asia. Russia would be a good spot to unload these... You could also try to smuggle these out in a suitcase.

If the thieves were clueless, here's hoping they don't log on to Cinematography.com for some advice..

No offence Tom, but I don't think that post was helpful.

I would imagine that if the thieves logged on here, they would already know where to get rid of them and how. They probably don't even know what these lenses are for in all likliehood. I wasn't offering advice to thieves, I was offering insight as to where I would look for them if I were the victim of the crime. It's more likely that the Duclos's log on here than the thieves.