Ultra wide lens attachment

Pavan Deep

I know that the UWL's work when the camera is set to macro, but I want to use the UWL on a non macro nizo 561. I know it can be done, I remember reading about it here a while ago. I think I can fit a macro lens and then fit the UWL, but I don't know what kind of macro lens to use and where to get it from. Hope someone can help me.

P

I don't own the UWL lens for the NIZO, but have used the AMBICO Hemispheric (aspheric) wide angle and also the CANON aspheric Wide Angle, and they will work if using 2 of the 4x close-up lens behind it. The focus is set to Infinity, and for sharp results you'd want to be closed down at least 2-stops from wide open or more. Sharpest results are obtained around F/8 or better. The other problem is the NIZO since it will begin to vignette quickly, so you will actually have to move the zoom slightly to avoid that. This setup has worked on a SANKYO XL620 at the widest 7.5mm position, the NIZO 560 and 480, and on a BEAULIEU using the smaller Angenieux 8mm to 64mm F/1.9 lens (note the Series filter thread is different at 48.5mm versus the 49mm closeup lenses. Anyhow, you'll have to check for vignetting and slightly adjust your zoom, since the degree of vignetting depends on the design of the aspheric lens you're using, and the spacing of the closeup lenses and necessary adapter ring(s). I never purchased any of the UWL lenses since they aren't made of glass, and I thought they were thus overpriced for acrylic. The AMBICO and CANON ultra wide lens adapters are glass and also well coated. Good luck, hope this helps.