Arri 35 BL4 current consumption

Jean-Louis Seguin

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have the specs for this?

I'm making a battery pack and trying to gauge what is an appropriate capacity for the cells.

Thanks.

Jean-Louis

I probably shouldn't answer this because I can't really remember.:lol: I think it's between 2.5-3 amps.

• Premium Member

Hi Jean-Louis,

you and Tom seem to have worked it out already, but for what it's worth, I have specs for the BL4s - I think it's pretty similar to a BL4 in terms of current draw.

The camera movement alone should draw 1.8 A.

At 24/25 fps with a 400' load the draw should be 2.5 - 3 A.

Of course, if you're running enough accessories from the camera accessory socket (lens light, heated eyepiece, split, mini-monitor, Preston etc) you can easily double that. I think the supply fuse is 7 amps.

12V 7Ah lead-acid block batteries were pretty standard for these cameras, but if more weight isn't an issue and there are a few accessories to power a 12Ah cell is better.

If you're going with NiCads, you should be OK with 14.4V (we never had a problem). You're definitely fine with 13.2V.

• Premium Member

I think the supply fuse is 7 amps.

Just to clarify, that's the in-camera accessory supply pico fuse, not the battery fuse.

For the battery I'd use a 15 amp fuse - the start-up current can potentially spike above 10 amps.