What is needed for a complete & ready to shoot 35mm camera set?

I am interested in buying a Konvas-1KCP 1M or 2M. However, what exactly do I need to be able to shoot a film? Only camera body, lens, mag, and motor? Or, are there other things needed? I saw one auction on ebay with a "power source" & charger... is this needed to?

Help would be much appreciated, as I would hate to buy something and then have to buy more necessary accessories.

Thanks,

Derek

You'll need batteries for the camera, a charger and usually more than one magazine, since it slows things way down if you've only got one and a changing bag. Apart from the camera you'll need filters, a means of mounting these and the ubiquitous tripod that's capable of supporting the camera and giving smooth operation.

Edited by Brian Drysdale

Are you looking to shoot MOS or Sync sound? The Konvas is a pretty loud camera and might make sync a difficult task without great audio equipment or a solid blimp for the camera.

Also, is this your first time shooting 35mm? You should research the cost of the stock, processing and telecine.

As Brian said, its definitely worth it to try and get another mag or two to have loaded on set.

Just a few points to think about.

Cheers!

I am interested in buying a Konvas-1KCP 1M or 2M. However, what exactly do I need to be able to shoot a film? Only camera body, lens, mag, and motor? Or, are there other things needed? I saw one auction on ebay with a "power source" & charger... is this needed to?

Help would be much appreciated, as I would hate to buy something and then have to buy more necessary accessories.

Thanks,

Derek

Edited by Cory Zapatka

• Premium Member

Nothing against a Konvas, but I would seriously suggest that you look into an Arri 2c, III or BL 35mm camera.

• There are plenty of Arri techs still alive and parts available here in the U.S.
  • Magazines are extremely common
  • Rental companies are dumping these camera crazy fast right now. A 2C can be had for less than $1000 for sure. With crystal motor for $2000 or less.
  • Batteries/power cables/crystal motors are common and easy to work with
  • Arri's are just really well built