Eclair NPR super 16 mm camera with 16 mm film

Jannis Geronymakis

My first post here, and hello to everyone.

I have bought a Eclair NPR some time ago which is converted to super 16. But right now it would be convenient for me to use normal 16 mm film.

So my question is, is it possible to use 16 mm film in a super 16 camera? One of the sprocket sides will probably be exposed. Other than that, could there be major complications?

Thanks in advance!

There is no 'super-16' film- it's just 16mm. The only difference with s16 is that the gate extends into what would, on double-perf film, be the sprocket area. But if you just use single-perf film (not difficult as double-perf is rare) there's no issue. You will have a 1.66:1 image as usual for s16.

• Premium Member
But if you just use single-perf film (not difficult as double-perf is rare) there's no issue.

And even if you were to use Double perf film, their is unlikely to be an issue, other than the "right hand side" of the image in the finder will have the sprocket hole images in it on the finished film..

If you want "regular" 16 images just shoot so that you won't want any of the content in what was originally set aside as the "Sound Track Area" and ignore that part of the film image in your workflow.