projecting prints at home

ive always wanted to start collecting prints. but it seems there is even less info about the topic on the web now than there used to be. or the web is just so cluttered now its impossible to find. ive got a good projection set-up for blu-ray. and i guess the home theater world is gonna go 6k now. i think thats a great time for me to go the other direction. anybody mind offering up any good links!?

looks like the online sales of 16mm has moved to ebay. what about renting or leasing films? any sources for that? i used to have a couple of links but cant remember the names and they dont seem to be easy to find. i think its called something else. but i cant remember the term for the process.

looks like the online sales of 16mm has moved to ebay. what about renting or leasing films? any sources for that? i used to have a couple of links but cant remember the names and they dont seem to be easy to find. i think its called something else. but i cant remember the term for the process.

From what I hear, prints are getting harder and harder to get, especially from the major studios. It's DCPs or nothing, usually.

And when they do lend them out, it's to established folks. When you're an expert projectionist at Ebertfest like James Bond (that's his REAL name!), you can get stuff because the studio knows they're in good hands.

But if you're an unknown to them, they're gonna be real hesitant, because these prints are expensive to replace, and very easy to damage.

well i put myself in the the position that if i had a print floating around out there it would be concerning. so i guess the lack of available stock is good news. guess i better team up with my local cinema some way. he's the last film theater in my area i believe. theres something to seeing it on film. maybe its just knowing its special. ive already got an elite kuro (and thats not a big deal projector anymore)throwing a 14ft wide image in my home so digital exhibition just doesnt pull me into the big theaters. now seeing a film shot in film projected in film... thats cool stuff. i think a pile of us need to team up with our local houses that still have film machines and do some projects just for them. maybe ill do a local surf film. anybody want to sell a steenbeck cheap? or tell me how to do the real deal sync sound for the big machines?