Kodak Tri-X processing labs... any suggestions?

Greg Britting

Shot some Tri-X on super 8 and 16mm in the past couple of months and was wondering what labs in the US process this film? Last time I shot Tri-X was several years ago and I used Pac Lab in NYC... I get the feeling they don't exist anymore (their website hasn't been updated in 13 years and they haven't responded to my emails since 2007)--anyone know if they still exist and an email address I could reach them at?

Otherwise, I was just wondering what other labs offer processing of Tri-X movie film?? So far, I have only found Spectra Film & Video and Yale Film & Video... any other options? Thanks!

• Site Sponsor

We run B&W Reversal every day at Cinelab and I know for sure that Pac lab is still running as well and Color Lab in MD runs reversal too There is Dwaine's in Parsons, KS and Alpha Cine in Seattle and Spectra, Pro-8mm Yale and Foto-Kem in LA.

-Rob-

Thanks! Hmmm... that's strange about Pac Lab not seeming to care about maintaining their website and not answering emails. I just saw a recent (July of this year) yelp review for Pac Lab saying what a great job they did (and even taking the time to answer all kinds of "neurotic" questions for the customer), and yet I notice in my old emails that I tried twice unsuccessfully to contact them back in 2008. Guess I should have just picked up the phone.

Oh well, I like how Cinelab's site is very clear and obviously up to date. And the pricing is reasonable, so I think I'll just go with you guys! I'll be sending a package out tomorrow. Thanks again!

I have always used Cinelab and have always been pleased. Their prices are more than fare when you see that they include prep and cleaning. They truly are geared toward the indie filmmaker, where other places that do fantastic work are geared toward the commercial, high budget world.

Whoa, guess I spoke too soon... took them a few days but Pac Lab finally got back to me. And their prices are quite reasonable too, as they were when I last used them. Good to know there are still multiple options for those of us who don't develop our own film!