Shooting a Rec709 equivelent on a Scarlet

Andy_Alderslade

Hi,

Shooting a promo next week on a scarlet and there is no post budget (or time) so want to get the look in-camera as much as possible. I've found shooting Rec709 on the Alexa quite satisfying in this situation, wondering what peoples recommendations are regarding the Scarlet?

Not too worried about loosing a bit of latitude or high-light detail, I can just about live with that, and the promo will probably live on the internet, max 1080.

Some research has recommended using an external recorder, which honestly I would like to avoid....

Many thanks,

Andy

Thanks for your input David and Adrian,

Yes it seems the only way would be with an external recorder, which I've had some rather frustrating experiences with. So I've pushed the production to go C300 - they just won't have the time to grade it, so that way I can achieve the look in camera.

Its a shame really its not an option.

• Premium Member

It's just not what it's designed for, ya know. Supposedly though they were supposed to be bringing out that module... which would go to Prores? I'm not sure if that ever came out or if anyone ever purchased one. Also I would say it's reasons such as this that other cameras are doing quite well these days.