CP 16

Jorge Alberto de León

Guest Ian Marks

I think Cinema Products is still in business manufacturing the Steadicam, but the CP16R has been out of production for a long time. Whitehouse Audio Visual is the place to go - I think the link is www.whitehouseav.com. I believe that Derek Whitehouse was CP's main tech guy before he started his business, and he is the "authorized" source for all CP16 stuff. You can also sometimes pick up a spare CP finder on the used market - I did.

Tiffen bought out Cinema Products, but anyway, the CP16 hasn't been made for a long time.

No original new parts will be found.

Whitehouse is good, but REALLY expensive.

I've had better luck with Visual Products.

Ask for Paul Hillman, who is a genius with CP's. Also get his fishbone belt as a backup. He makes them new, they're better than the originals, and you WILL need one sooner or later.

Matt Pacini

• Premium Member

Agreed. Paul Hillman is THE reason that Whitehouse has their reputation with CPs. He told me he worked there for YEARS before moving to Visual Products. He is a genius with the CP. Go Visual Products. They are cheaper overall, and very nice. Paul went over estimate on my camera/lens but charged me what he said he would.

:D

Agreed. Paul Hillman is THE reason that Whitehouse has their reputation with CPs. He told me he worked there for YEARS before moving to Visual Products. He is a genius with the CP. Go Visual Products. They are cheaper overall, and very nice. Paul went over estimate on my camera/lens but charged me what he said he would.

I appreciate so much your info.Thank you all! Jorge A. de León.Buenos Aires.

• 10 months later...
  • Premium Member
:) Dear Friends: does anybody know if Cinema Products Corp. as a camera manufacturer still exists? I would like to know if there is a place where to buy some parts of the CP 16R reflex viewfinder.Thanks in advance!

Jorge A. de Leon. e-mail jdl16352002@yahoo.com.ar

Hello Sir,

Sorry for the late reply.

Whitehouse Audio Visual has both new and used parts for your CP16R camera, including your reflex viewfinder.

Best regards,

ken@whitehouseaudiovisual.com

I think Cinema Products is still in business manufacturing the Steadicam, but the CP16R has been out of production for a long time. Whitehouse Audio Visual is the place to go - I think the link is www.whitehouseav.com. I believe that Derek Whitehouse was CP's main tech guy before he started his business, and he is the "authorized" source for all CP16 stuff. You can also sometimes pick up a spare CP finder on the used market - I did.

Cinema Products no longer exists, the Steadicam is now made by Tiffen.