Arri Amira Pricing

Mark Kenfield

• Premium Member

Just received a CVP newsletter listing pricing for the upcoming Arri Amira:

Arri AMIRA (AMIRA) 2K, 200fps Documentary Style Pick up and Shoot Professional Grade Video Camera

Package prices starting from

AMIRA Camera Set - Most Economical €25,980
AMIRA Camera Set with Advanced License - The Allrounder €28,980
AMIRA Camera Set with Premium License - All Included new €32,980

Looks like there will be different licences to allow access to different features (high fps etc.)

• Premium Member

Also nothing stopping you from plugging it into an external file recorder, if that's what floats your boat. Would hope that all the embedded start/stop commands would work on a high end piece of gear like this. But really, it shoots ProRes which is supported (as a playback format at least) by effectively everything, so I don't see the problem.

P

Hi, I don't think there would be a point in hooking up an external recorder as the premium model shoots12bit ProRes 4444 at up to 200fps and in Rec709 or LogC.

You can also 'rent' a license for the 4444/200fps/LogC if you buy the cheaper models.

Also nothing stopping you from plugging it into an external file recorder, if that's what floats your boat. Would hope that all the embedded start/stop commands would work on a high end piece of gear like this. But really, it shoots ProRes which is supported (as a playback format at least) by effectively everything, so I don't see the problem.

P