WTB - Eclair TS/CA-1 Adapter

David Cunningham

I'm hoping someone out there has an extra TS/CA-1 Eclair ACL adapter they would be willing to part with cheaply.

In an effort to save myself a few pennies I think I got myself in a pickle by agreeing to buy what I thought was a TS to Arri B adapter. What I ended up with was a CA-1 to Arri-B adapter. Since I did not already own a TS to CA-1 adapter for Eclair ACL, I now have a useless adapter.

Alternatively... If anyone has either a TS to PL or TS to ArriB adapter they would like to sell, and would take this CA-1 to Arri-B in partial trade, PM me and we can work something out.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Stuck... :)

So yes... I double checked...

TS is the mount on the Eclair ACL. The camera itself is male and either the lens or adapter is female and threads over it.

It was primarily designed for adapters. TS is the camera mount and the other end is pretty much any lens mount including:

Arri S

Arri B

Camflex

PL

Nikon

I don't think there were very many lenses in the actual TS mount. I think it was primarily intended as an adapter.

Dave

There is a TS/CA-1/Arri-B here for 149 Euro.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eclair-Acl-Mount-to-Arri-standard-Arri-Bayonet-Cameflex-Adapter-/321343572451?pt=FR_JG_Photo_Camescopes_Cameras&hash=item4ad191c9e3#ht_5717wt_1191

I think you already have the CA-1/Arri-B part, so there's some uneconomical replication there.

I had one of these adapters a while ago. The Arri bayonets have a friction lock into the adapter and I didn't feel they went far enough when locked (they may be all a bit different there). The normal TS/Arri-B adapter has a proper locking/unlocking button that works after you twist the bayonete into place.

If you are really patient they do come up on eBay.

Cheers,

Gregg

There is a TS/CA-1/Arri-B here for 149 Euro.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eclair-Acl-Mount-to-Arri-standard-Arri-Bayonet-Cameflex-Adapter-/321343572451?pt=FR_JG_Photo_Camescopes_Cameras&hash=item4ad191c9e3#ht_5717wt_1191

I think you already have the CA-1/Arri-B part, so there's some uneconomical replication there.

I had one of these adapters a while ago. The Arri bayonets have a friction lock into the adapter and I didn't feel they went far enough when locked (they may be all a bit different there). The normal TS/Arri-B adapter has a proper locking/unlocking button that works after you twist the bayonete into place.

If you are really patient they do come up on eBay.

Cheers,

Gregg

Hi Gregg,

Good to hear from you as always!

Yeah, the CA-1/ArriB is exactly what I have. The whole unit is what I thought I was buying but it didn't turn out that way.

Do you think I'd have any luck selling just the CA-1/ArriB adapter on Ebay? If I did I'd just go back to square one.

I should have just sucked it up and saved up and bought the Les Bosher adapter. Now I've probably wasted more time and money in the end. <sigh>

All because I want to be able to rent some good primes lenses for the occasional wedding shoot, short film... or most likely, home movie of my 2-year-old. LOL

Dave

I just found what I think is a TS/CA_1 adapter here. I never really had Cameflex mount lenses. I have to check what the plan was for that. I may have wanted to save the rear part to make a custom mount. It is pretty mint condition, one of the type adapters that were originally sold by Eclair for this camera.

If I can sell it, then perhaps Jea-Lous and I can have a Dutch aucton. Is that the one where the seller offers keep going down untill the buyer says yes? Just kidding.

I'll think that over. Is there anything else you need? I may have some 400' S16 mags still with an OK price including shipping.

That eBay seller had other stuff as well.

I just found what I think is a TS/CA_1 adapter here. I never really had Cameflex mount lenses. I have to check what the plan was for that. I may have wanted to save the rear part to make a custom mount. It is pretty mint condition, one of the type adapters that were originally sold by Eclair for this camera.

If I can sell it, then perhaps Jea-Lous and I can have a Dutch aucton. Is that the one where the seller offers keep going down untill the buyer says yes? Just kidding.

I'll think that over. Is there anything else you need? I may have some 400' S16 mags still with an OK price including shipping.

That eBay seller had other stuff as well.

I'm very interested for sure. That adapter shouldn't be too expensive to ship. The big problem with those Super 16 400ft mags (which I do need) is the crazy shipping cost from you (in New Zealand) to me in the USA.

• 3 months later...

Recapping what I might have said before....

I do have an ACL, TS/CA-1 adapter, as origionally supplied with ACL cameras. Looks excellent, hardly used. Make me an offer, or Heiki and I can have a Dutch auction.

I still have a couple of spare S16 French 400' mags. If I sold two together the shipping gets OK. If you or anyone else wants those let me know.