Color reversal film?

Logan Hursh

Hello, I am new to super 8 and trying to find a good film stock to get started on. I have read similar topics but have found that many of the leads are outdated. I have a canon 514 xl. I would like to shoot in color and capture off projection. It looks like the Ektachrome 100D film was the stock to start with so I have been trying to find something similar to that. I have not had any luck finding film online or in any local stores. If anyone could guide me where to look or order I would really appreciate it. Thank you for reading

100D is discontinued and what you can find now is people are selling from old stock at extra extra premium prices :(

Currently you would be limited to Aviphot 200D which in the USA would be best bougth from Filminternational.

It is standard E6 processing, best done through Dwayne's

100D is discontinued and what you can find now is people are selling from old stock at extra extra premium prices :(

Currently you would be limited to Aviphot 200D which in the USA would be best bougth from Filminternational.

In few months time Ferrania is expected to start delivery of their restarted-production reversal film to their kickstarter supporters. One would assume that after that they could start normal production. And hopefully of Super-8 too.

Better support them too when there are still lots to subscribe to :)

Thanks for the replies

Is Filminternational a website I can purchase through? I'm assuming it's not filmint.nu. I couldn't find any type of store on there.

Should the 200D cartridges work with an ASA 40/25, 160/100 camera? The canon 514 was not working properly and I was given a Bell and Howell 1230 XL Filmosonic. Everything seems to be running. I am supposed to be getting a blinking triangle inside my viewfinder if the film is running correctly and it is not showing up. Would anyone have any troubleshooting tips for me?

your 1230 XL Filmosonic will likely over expose your 200d too much as it will read it as 100. A full stop over on AGFA 200d will be quite washed out. It might not be too bad for digital scanning but projection will likely be disappointing.

No advice on that camera as I'm not very familiar.

Super-8 cartridges are not notched for 200 and will expose it at 160.

I believe they notch the AGFA as 250D so any camera capable will under expose slightly.

However, being no pin cutout on the cart, his Filmosonic will detect a daylight cart and, I believe expose it at 100, as I believe it's not aware of a daylight film over 100.

Thank you for the responses. I was assuming everything was running based on the sound. After figuring out how to run with the cover open I saw that the claw was not spinning. What is my best bet for shooting in daylight with this set up. If I have the aperture set to f/22 and use a filter will I still most likely get a blown out shot?