Nizo vs Canon for Beginners

Debra

I am looking to purchase my first Super-8. I want to build a business on short wedding films and family shoots. I have a lot to learn but to begin I need a camera that will do well in low light (dark reception) and daylight. I have narrowed down my choices and am consistently debating on the Nizo Professional with 24fps or the Canon 814xl-s or 1014xl-s. From what I have read, it seems the Nizo Prossional will not do well in low light?

You might want to consider getting a Canon 310xl in addition to another professional camera. The 310xl will only allow you to shoot 18fps, which might exclude it for you, but it does have an f/1.0 which will get you a couple stops more than almost all other cameras (plus the lower frame rate gives you more exposure time as well). They're tiny, so you can just throw one in your bag just in case, and they're pretty inexpensive too. Just a thought!

• 1 month later...

Any camera with XL in the name is what you want for low light. That designation, as you might already know, means extra light. Any camera with xl has either a 200° or 220° shutter. Those two Canon are top of the list. Nizo Professional is a great camera, just not so for low light. Buy both.