Documentary Film on Bullfighting in Spain

I'm currently pre-planning a documentary film that I'm going to be shooting for one of my final film projects at university. I have decided I want to produce a documentary on the topic of bullfighting in Spain, a film that explores the dying tradition, whilst looking at why people still/don't attend the bullfights in spain. It's definitely a hot topic around the world right now, so I thought it would make a good documentary subject.

I've had a lot of interest from fellow filmmakers in my area who want to help out, and already have Spanish crew members who will be producing/translating for me throughout the shooting days. I plan to start filming early 2016, but will be visiting Spain within the next few months for holiday/scouting.

It would be great if you could please follow the films page on Facebook to keep updated on our production: https://www.facebook.com/pages/El-Matadores-Muleta-Documentary-Film/112767035724248?fref=photo

• Premium Member

I'm Spanish but I live in Ireland!
However if you have any questions regarding anything about bullfighting or so, let me know!

There is this bullfighting place in Madrid called "Las Ventas" which is like the cathedral of bullfighting and you should go there in your scouting.

There is also another one in Barcelona which is now closed because it is illegal to do bullfightings in Barcelona now (which I support!)

If you want to get into the bulls and the bull creators / breeders? you should go to Andalucia as the best bulls come from there.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Sadly that part of Spain is well - known by the way they breed bulls, which are exclusively used for bullfighting.

There are not too many breeders in Spain and the most popular / best ones are in Andalucia and Navarra.

A bit more of information regarding the Andalucia's Miura bull.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miura_bull

I am still amazed by the amount of people who go to the Plaza de Toros to see how bulls are killed by a human hand.

Hopefully that will change some day!

Have a good day!