ARRI HMI 575 flicker

One of my ARRI 575 HMI lamps has problem. I realised that it was flickering very badly when I tested it yesterday. Even when I put the ballast on flicker free, the flickering was visible for the eye. I'm going to start shooting a short film on monday and I need all the lamps I have. Anybody has a clue what the problem might be and how to get rid of it? Thanks.

Fred

Try calling an electrical technician. May be the relay timer on head? If you have 2 HMI 575, try using the 2 heads with the same ballast so you can discard if problem is in the ballast or if is it in the head. I had a problem like that with my 1.2k and tried with 2 different ballasts ( same model and brand ) and ir came out that the relay timer clock on the head was near dead, but I made shure that damage was on the head or the ballast. Good luck.

One of my ARRI 575 HMI lamps has problem. I realised that it was flickering very badly when I tested it yesterday. Even when I put the ballast on flicker free, the flickering was visible for the eye. I'm going to start shooting a short film on monday and I need all the lamps I have. Anybody has a clue what the problem might be and how to get rid of it? Thanks.

Fred

Try replacing the globe, seen this problem many times before (old or defective globe).