Anyone speak with Les Bosher recently?

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem. Late last year i sent off a lens to Les Bosher to have converted to M42 mount for use with my K3. He said i'd get an e-mail and invoice for total price after it was complete. I never heard from him again.

I had a lot going on in the first half of this year with personal crisis (nothing to get into on a cinematography forum) and forgot all about Les and the lens (beingt he least of my worries).

Recently I've been trying to contact him to ask if the lens is finished and if so to send me the bill so I can pay for it etc. Or if it's not finished to not worry about and just send me the cost for postage and his expenses.

I've sent about 4 e-mails over this last month with not one reply. I can't call him as i don't have an international service on my phone.

I am at a loss as to what's going on or how the hell I'm gonna get my lens back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I'm living in Tasmania, Australia. The lens was an Angenieux 12-120, probably something not worth getting converted but more of an experiment than anything else :P

I would be more than grateful if someone could contact him for me. If he hasn't yet converted the lens, I'd rather just pay him the postage and any other expenses i may owe and have it returned as is. Otherwise I'd just like to now how much I owe him so i can settle the account and get the lens back.

It's been a long time to not hear anything, over 6months!

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help me resolve this.

Cheers.

...Just call the guy. His phone number is on the website...

Umm, you may have missed it where I said in my original post I don't have an international service on my phone (or rather the phone at the house I'm currently living).

So yeah, if I could have rang him I would have done that instead of posting this on an internet forum ;)

• Premium Member
Umm, you may have missed it where I said in my original post I don't have an international service on my phone (or rather the phone at the house I'm currently living).

So yeah, if I could have rang him I would have done that instead of posting this on an internet forum ;)

Hi,

Just spoken to him he is alive and well. I don't actually know your real name! his email is working so just try again, or find a coin phone and call him during the UK day time.

Stephen

Hey, thanks Stephen.

I'm glad to see he's still still around and hadn't taken my lens to the grave. I spoke to him on the phone last year when I was organising the conversation and he came across as a really nice talkative guy.

I think I may have figured my issue out anyway. I had sent an enquiry to B & H the other week concerning a light meter and recieved a reply from them saying...

"Your email to us on May 13, contained a virus, which my security system

picked up and cleaned out before allowing me access. I thought you should

know about that."

Oh dear, and on a Friday aswell. So it's possible my e-mails haven't even been going through if either Les or his ISP has an anti-virus that blocks the mail before making it to his inbox.

I've just updated my anti-virus and did a full system scan so will try again now.

Thanks again for your help! :)

P.S. Yeah, i don't generally use my "real name" on the internet these days after some unwanted drama it caused me a few years back :blink:

P.P.S. For the record, I never thought Les was trying to rip me off. I figured he either wasn't getting my e-mails, I wasn't getting his or he had died. I'm glad it wasn't the latter!

Edited by Struwwelpeter