Specialty Fluorescent light bulb

• Premium Member

What has your product searching on Google discovered? Because if such a tube exists, and it is likely since you have a fixture that uses them, then you'll find it in some online catalog. It might make it easier to read the label on the tubes you have already.

I think the bigger issue is whether anyone makes tubes in that size with a particular color temperature or correction you need.

• Premium Member

A lot of custom tubes have been produced for various purposes and this can create significant problems once the product has becoe obsolete. I recall this being mentioned in relation to the united nations building in New York, which has custom curved tubes in the delegates' desks in the general assembly and in architectural details in various lobbies. This caused problems during the production of The Interpreter which briefly considered building replica sets to represent the building. In the finished movie, the lobby fittings are seen illuminated for the first time in decades by equipment rigged temporarily for the film.

The reason I mention this is the I think they did it with (very early) LEDs, and you could consider doing the same. If the tube itself is invisible in the fitting you have, it may be very easy, but even if you need to build a reasonable facsimile tube with LEDs inside it shouldn't be the end of the world. LED strip with reasonable colour performance is available.

P