Shoes shoes shoes!

Josh Bass

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy/Climbing hiking work: Vasque leather hiking boots

General Use: Merrel or Vasque High Top hiking sneakers.

Stage Work: Merrel slip on sneakers

Water Work: Nike Full heal water sandals

Snow Work: Columbia Bugabootoo

Corporate: Rockport walking shoes

Working in Bangkok? No shoes on home interiors ? Until I nearly broke my toe then I returned to the above list. Believe it or not my entire crew works shoeless on home interiors.

DC, Globe, and Gravis are all good in my experience. For skateboarding too. I have decided that I don't understand people who wear uncomfortable shoes.

I like Converse Chuck Taylors. My college roommate was a skater and he swore by them. Flash forward several years and I find they're great for standing hours on end.

Merrells are also great. I usually retire my older hiking shoes and convert them to set shoes where you don't need as much sticky rubber grip.

Chien Huey

Student/Aspiring DP

• 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Just reviving an old topic 7 years later, does anyone have other favourite shoes (new models that came out?) he/she could recommend for standing 12 hours on set? :)

Reviving this 4 years later, Nike Air Max works, also may seem excessive but try a pair of Jordans that feature that inner-sock material (Jordan 7s for instance) which wraps around your foot so the impacts and pressures aren't irregular. It upsets me how good looking shoes are never made for people with wide feet (me). But when you spend over $100 for a pair of athletic sneakers that fit right, your feet will be the very last of your worries. You're also getting many more years out of them too.

• 2 months later...