Krasnogorsk 3 spools

Luigi Castellitto

I accidentally sent the two original Krasnogorsk 3 daylight spools 30m to a lab, which he forgot to give me back them. But I have ones type where, were contained other films (Orwo, Fuji ...), that seem even more resistant, they should be in aluminium, not plastic.

You which one use? Someone says that it is better to use other type, more stronger types, because the originals Zenit in plastic are very fragile and can be inaccurate.

You agree?

Sorry, I explained bad. Are the PLASTIC original spools to be remained in the laboratory. These: http://www.rafcamera.com/media/extendware/ewimageopt/media/inline/64/e/krasnogorsk-k-3-16mm-movie-camera-29b.jpg

Instead, the spool they contained (but now I have two empty) the unexposed films Fuji, Orwo, ecc., these:
are metallic, and I can use them. If someone knows they are of another material can say it, but to me they seem of metal.
Thank, you, Mark!
Edited by mbaarviao

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Unless it's important to you to have the original plastic spool, I wouldn't worry about getting them back. Those plastic spools can warp and bend. I never used them on the K3, always using the metal spools form Kodak/Fuji. After you shoot one reel, just move the spent reel to the take-up side and keep going. The metal ones are more reliable and light-tight.

• Upvote 1