dog schidt optics - trump lens set

Any thoughts on this lenses, we are shooting next month with this lenses, but we have a couple of scenes in a night club, so we definetely need some nice 1,2 or 1,4 lenses. Any idea in some lenses to match with the dog schidt optics? We don't have that much budget.

Otherwise wich kind of old sets do you recommend, I took a look at the Zeiss HS (but over the budget) or the Cooke S2/S3 Speed Panchro (P+S Technik) rehoused. Some nice alternatives?

Dog Schidt are basically Russian Helios 44-2 58mm lenses. The other focal lengths are achieved by using wide angle and telephoto adaptors. They are slightly soft even when stopped down, and are known for their 'swirly' bokeh. They also have numerous other optical aberrations, which are part of the appeal, I guess. Unless you specifically want the faults that are 'built in' to the Dog Schidt lenses, I would go with the Panchros.

• Premium Member

Zeiss Standard Speeds are about as cheap as you can get for a 35mm PL lens set, $250/day-ish. Nice looking too. Cooke Speed Panchros are now actually more expensive to rent than the Super Speeds, at least in my neck of the woods.