A few questions, please.

Hello,

i have an Angenieux 9.5 - 57 lens (Arri B) with a Chroziel-Munchen (CM) zoom attachment on it. The CM ring closest to the front of the lens changes the focal length when twisted. That ring has two openings, apparently for rods. Are those openings indeed for rods, or if not for what purpose? Why are the two openings fairly close together? And does anyone know threaded rod type I could use to substitute for the original rods, if that's what they are?

The CM attachment has another ring closer to the rear lens element that has a knurled rubber grip around it. Twisting this grip and ring appears to do nothing. Can someone give me any information on that ring, what is it supposed to do, or is it not working?

Basically, I don't know anything about these CM's except that they were maybe to smooth the zooms.

Also, I have Angenieux 9.5 - 95 lens with a labeled "Camflex," mount. Is the Camflex mount the same as a CA-1 mount, meaning the mount could be used on a NPR or an ACL?

Lastly, eyeballing the glass on the Camflex lens, it doesn't look that great, not horrible but with clear flaws when light is shined through. That lens has a zoom crank on it. I'm thinking of taking the crank off it and attaching it to another lens (not the CM one). It appears that the process would be straight-forward, but is that deceiving and is there anything I should be wary of?

Thank you.

Charles, can you post a photo of the lens with the fluid zoom gizmo attached....showing the fitting for rods...

You begin talking about an Angenieux lens then talk about a Cameflex lens. Is this just an informal reference to the lens mount?

Cameflex mount is CA-1 mount. I don't know NPR well, but they commonly had a CA-1 mount. The ACL had endless options, mount adapters, and CA-1 was one of them. My least favourite mount, but that personal preference may not be that relevant...

Photo please...!

The CM ring should allow you to change the zoom fluid resistance (or what ever the right word in English is), i.e. it changes how fast you can change the focal length.

Higher resistance for those slow smooth zooms in and out, low resistance for those kung-fu zooms... :)

Gregg MacPherson, thank you, I have attached two photos of the CM zoom ring with the openings shown. Also, sorry for the confusion, I was referring to two different lenses. I have attached a photo of the "Camflex" mount, about which i'm wondering if it is identical to a CA-1 mount.

Heikki Repo, yes, I see what you mean, thanks.

post-72989-0-61060300-1508866774_thumb.jpeg

post-72989-0-55525600-1508866788_thumb.jpeg

post-72989-0-82752200-1508866810_thumb.jpeg