Secondary lightmeter

I already have a Sekonic L-398A (and specific Gossen for Bolex), I would need a secondary (backup) cheap lightmeter that would also use another person when I shot in small format.

I was thinking of cheaper models of 398, so not A series, or Gossen or other brands. Even older models, provided the efficiency is confirmed.

Thank you! :)

How about an app for your phone? Do a search for lightmeter apps. I use one for still photography when I don't want to bother bringing a meter with me. Seems to work pretty well, and with the advertisements, it's ... free!

Thank you Bruce, good advice, but for many reasons I don't have a smartpone, I use an old Nokia phone.
Anyway, I knew about the apps-lightmeter: on a smartphone of average quality are good? I've never seen them in use.

About classic lighmeter: I also have a model of Leningrad, which I bring together with my 9.5mm camera, but not really precise, I would like something a little better.

Thank you Bruce, good advice, but for many reasons I don't have a smartpone, I use an old Nokia phone.

Anyway, I knew about the apps-lightmeter: on a smartphone of average quality are good? I've never seen them in use.

About classic lighmeter: I also have a model of Leningrad, which I bring together with my 9.5mm camera, but not really precise, I would like something a little better.

I have a Lenningrad 2! But, never use it as it's a pretty bad light meter but has sentimental value!

What type of meter do you use? Reflected? Spot? Incident? And do you shoot in very low light?

And, I don't understand your post that says " I would need a secondary (backup) cheap lightmeter that would also use another person when I shot in small format.". I think this is an issue of translation. Please try again :)

I've got one like this (doesn't work in low light) for back up: https://www.ebay.com/i/401414944899?chn=ps

And years ago I used one of these and it was quite good: https://www.adorama.com/us%20%20%20%20981114.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjsTV97_U2gIVSbnACh3MNQrqEAQYAyABEgL7cfD_BwE

But, this is my favorite meter: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/used/41585/?c3api=1876%2C72118895162%2C&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt8iypMDU2gIVjMDACh0AtArGEAQYASABEgL15_D_BwE

And it can be used in any situation and is very rugged (does not break easily)

We have the same Leningrad! :) Very nice design but, as mentioned, not very suitable for professional shooting! But the cell on mine still works, a little "tank"!

Sorry for the translation, I'm always in trouble with English: I meant that I have good lightmeters, including a Gossen specific for Bolex reflex and already a Sekonic L-398A that pleases me a lot, I want a lightmeter "minor" (is it a right term?) that can also use my helper boy during the shooting in small format (8mm, Super 8, 9.5mm, 16mm ...) A less expensive lightmeter, which serves as a reserve.

You gave me good advice, that old model of Spectra, if well calibrated, it's not bad. Too bad for the problem with the low light...
Also another used but guaranteed Sekonic L-398A at that price is not bad.
I usually work in reflected light.

Too bad that the Sekonic in the link doesn't have the accessory for the reflected light included, I ask about it. I wanted to take that, but if I have to buy the accessories apart the price rises and I buy it almost new.

I'll move on something else.

For the use that I have to do, essentially with reflected light and small format films, I can also move for the Sekonic L-398 models before L-398A? For example, first Deluxe Studio or L-398M. They are more cheaper, and they should be post-change of 1976.
I have obvious disadvantages compared to L-398A Deluxe Studio III?

What about Roger Deakins' meter? :)

Gossen Luna-Pro SBC (name in US) elsewhere Gossen Profisix

post-10922-0-25339400-1525253015_thumb.jpg

The key word is SBC - Silicon Blue Cell - as used today in modern meters.

Great sensitivity: -4EV at 100ASA
You can do reflected 30 °reading by just sliding the spherical diffuser to the side.
Runs on 9V block battery .

From what i've red it is heavy and big (-ish):

post-10922-0-81462100-1525253030_thumb.jpg

Later Gossen released a version of this one called Luna-Pro F (Lunasix F).
Same form factor, ability to measure flash and reduced sensitivity to -1EV at 100ASA.

post-10922-0-96579800-1525253043_thumb.jpg

More info at: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Gossen_Profisix_/_Lunasix_F

Gossen Luna-Pro SBC user manual at butkus.org - LINK

Thank you, Igor, I think I'll just take a Gossen, which I'm also used for aesthetics.
I search a lot, in addition to Gossen Profisix and Gossen Lunasix F (and US version) I also searched the Gossen Lunalite (Luna-Lux in US), for see if I could save a little 'more: I can find good prices, but no guarantee of calibration, while at a higher cost yes.
But I also noticed the Lunasix 3 model, which I would exclude because product pre 1976 (even after, but how do you know?), but of Lunasix 3 there is a newer version, Lunasix 3S (it is recognized because have the exposure compensation, similar of Lunasix F), which is perhaps produced after 1976 ? It's possible? I think yes, if the 3S version dial extra piece comes from the Lunasix F, which is produced after 1981...

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Gossen_Lunasix

Edited by Luigi Castellitto

In the end I opted for the Sixtar 2, paid little, but produced in 1978 and with "modern" silicon blue cell. The Sixtar 1 instead had the cadmium sulphide at had been produced in 1966.

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Gossen_Sixtar
I gave up the Lunasix 3 black version (perhaps produced after 1976) and the "S" version because I discovered that the "cine" ring had been eliminated, not essential but still convenient.
I hope the thread is useful for those looking for a "reserve" lightmeter. :)