How to recreate this look.

mailesan

It's a big, soft source, probably from outside the window that's off to camera left. I'd imagine something like a 6k HMI through a 8x8 or 12x12 rag, light grid or similar. There may also be another soft source, closer to camera, to help wrap the light around her face. The window behind her is providing ambient fill light.

It looks like it's exposed at key level, maybe even a little over, to help blow out any lines or wrinkles in her face. Probably some subtle lens diffusion.

As it's a cosmetics commercial, there has almost certainly been a lot of post production skin smoothing.

It's a big, soft source, probably from outside the window that's off to camera left. I'd imagine something like a 6k HMI through a 8x8 or 12x12 rag, light grid or similar. There may also be another soft source, closer to camera, to help wrap the light around her face. The window behind her is providing ambient fill light.

It looks like it's exposed at key level, maybe even a little over, to help blow out any lines or wrinkles in her face. Probably some subtle lens diffusion.

As it's a cosmetics commercial, there has almost certainly been a lot of post production skin smoothing.

Thanks a lot for the advice. could suggest some lens diffusion as you mention. I have used 1/8 black pro mist. on my last project, I loved the look. but only I didn't like the blowing out of the high light way too much even in 1/8 of density. is there any other diffusion to get the softness of skin still keeping the eyes sharpness with blowing the high light. Thank you.

is there any other diffusion to get the softness of skin still keeping the eyes sharpness with blowing the high light. Thank you.

You could try a Soft FX Filter. They are good for softening fine detail without creating too much halation around highlights.

Tiffen Black Diffusion-FX does a really good job of softening with minimal increase in halation.

Thanks a lot, David. Any feedback on Tiffin Glimmer glass. or Schneider Hollywood Blackmagic filter