Arri 16SR - External variable speed control

Bernhard Kipperer

I am looking for some information (Google did not help much yet) on what the Arri 16SR expects to receive at the Fischer socket pin 8 "external variable speed control".

I understand that grounding pin 5 to pin 1(signal ground) one can input an external signal on pin 8 to use different speeds besides the usual 24fps.

But what voltage is expected at pin 8?

What type of signal is expected, a sine wave at the frequency the camera shall run or a multiple of it? Or even a square wave, toggled on/off where the frequency of that sets the camera's speed?

Any information will help me a lot, thank you very much!

• 3 years later...
On 9/26/2019 at 5:07 AM, Bernhard Kipperer said:

I am looking for some information (Google did not help much yet) on what the Arri 16SR expects to receive at the Fischer socket pin 8 "external variable speed control".

I understand that grounding pin 5 to pin 1(signal ground) one can input an external signal on pin 8 to use different speeds besides the usual 24fps.

But what voltage is expected at pin 8?

What type of signal is expected, a sine wave at the frequency the camera shall run or a multiple of it? Or even a square wave, toggled on/off where the frequency of that sets the camera's speed?

Any information will help me a lot, thank you very much!

Hey Bernhard, did you ever find out any info about this?